Today’s miles: 19.3
In Another Roadside Attraction, Amanda’s mental clarity, or visions, came when there was a thunderstorm. Maybe the same is true for me. This morning, there was a rain and thunderstorm just at dawn, and it stopped at 9 am, when I ventured out to get the food and get ready to hike. And today, while hiking in the saturated morning, I had a storm of ideas, related to everything and anything. Either the thunderstorm… or the chocolate-covered espresso beans I chomped down this morning. Anyways, I saw a couple of runners and a lone hiker. It almost started to rain while I was hiking, then blew away five minutes later. 80% chance of rain or snow tonight!
It turned out to be a pretty nice day – I took some photos of turkey tail fungus. I’m on the old Biltmore Estate Shut-in Trail, which is horse-graded but does seem to jump up and down the ridges. My legs are tired after today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment